[SunRescue] Re: rescue digest, Vol 1 #1063 - 17 msgs

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 17:48:59 CST 2001

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>My poor sister who tries to maintain that she hates computers has a
>Pentium 200 desktop, a 486dx2/50 notebook, and a palm.  Methinks it's time
>to just give in and stop pretending to hate the things.

>Palms still blow my mind everytime I think about them.  I'm carrying in my
>pocket more CPU power than my family had 10 years ago (we had 2 TRS-80
>notebooks and 2 CPM machines back then).

What really amazes me, is that I now own computers that the *college*
I went to couldn't get when they were new.

(Ok, it was a little liberal-arts college with a couple of VAX-11s,
but still. We dreamt of big sun servers. Now I decorate my apartment
with them.)

-- david fischer -- dave at cca.org -- www.cca.org -- Cthulhu told me to. --