Bus architecture was RE: [SunRescue] Re: NetApps?

Björn Ramqvist rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 21 03:19:35 CST 2001

Chris Byrne wrote:

> As far as I know it will only be sold for Hitachi Freedom 9000 large scale
> storage arrays (a cool 2 million a pop just for starters). Those bad boys
> are some serious storage. Each array can have up to 32gb of cache, and 512
> disks for a raw capacity of around 37TB. The last company I worked for had
> 20 of them and was buying more. They eventually planned to have 150.

150 of'em!?!?!!! Yikes... And I thought that 1TB (for now) for
PeeCee-fileserving was bad enough for our customer. =)
I know Compaq has some joint-venture with IBM for a large-scale
mainframe-capable storage called CSS2105. Typical 11.2 TB max capability
and (now) upto 32 GB cache. I don't even want to know the pricetag on
that thing.

/Bjorn