[SunRescue] Recommend starter Sun?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 19 10:45:27 CST 2001

>>Stuff you probably have thought of, but I'll throw it in...

No harm there.  More data is more data.

>>sunmon-compat?  is off, yes?

Yup.  One of the first things I checked.

>>You're not using any boot-prom security are you?

Nope.

>>Is your NVRAM alive?  I ask this last one mainly because I saw
>>it say "Clock gained 1157 days" on your posted log.  I recall
>>trying to boot linux and failing on a system with a dead
>>NVRAM.  One of those things Solaris seems to handle okay, but
>>I don't know if the *BSDs like it or not.

The NVRAM in this box was replaced probably about a year or so ago witout
incident.  I suppose I could try a different one but like I mentioned before
NetBSD was running fine on this box.  IIRC this box also had Dead Rat on it
at one time - took it off becase it was too slow for this box.

I'm going to try the terminal prog Bill and the rest mentioned in another
thread and see if that might be the problem.  It's almost like the kernel
loads fine but the install script is having a problem with something.

Mike Hebel