[SunRescue] WTB RS/6000

mike dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 21:25:07 CST 2001

In my quest to workstation happiness I realized I do not have anything
IBM! I must correct this tradegy at once and I am looking for a RS/6000
with at least 64mb ram and a > 1gb disk. I'd also like PowerPC and at
least 1 MCA slot but those are not mandatory. FDDI or Fast Ethernet
would also be very nice. AIX media is preferred but not required. On a
somewhat sun related note, how is AIX? How does it compare to Solaris's
way of doing things? Which is more stable/faster? How do used RS6ks
compare to Suns for price/performance, ie which is the better machine
hardware wise, a $150 Sun or $150 IBM? What happens if I throw HP into
the mix? The C110 machines look to be very fast for cheap.

Thanks
Mike