[SunRescue] Re: need some faster SBUS CPUs in Europe

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 15:20:40 CST 2001

Well, unless you would consider migrating to PCI-based SPARC boxen, then you could add a zippy SunPCI w/AMD chip (how high can they go, by the way?)... ;^)

On a related note, can anyone here confirm that a SunPCI card will work in a Blade 100? Seems to me a Blade 100 w/ SCSI card and SunPCI would be a sweet little multi-platform machine, with a total cost of:

	Sun Blade 100	$1,000
	Sun SunPCI card	$  200 (Ebay, pretty stable price)
	Symbios SCSI card	$   60 (www.compgeeks.com)
				------
		Total		$1,260 (Just add RAM & stir!)

Ken

(Anyone want to pay $1,260 for a really nice SS/20? I'll throw in a 16" monitor!)