[SunRescue] Free crap to good home

Loomis, Rip rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 14 15:11:17 CST 2001

Sorry that what I have to give isn't more exciting, but
we're still using a SPARC 2 as a Kerberos server
and another for an OpenBSD box, so the stuff I'm
getting rid of is *really* old or underpowered.

Some things that I won't even bother putting up on
eBay, but which can be had for the cost of shipping:
1.  One CG6 SBus video card
2.  One SM100 MBus module (Sun dropped support
	as of Solaris 2.6, but you can either
	patch the Solaris kernel or run an alternate
	OS--this one ran fine under Debian
	SPARCLinux until I pulled it.)
3.  One SM20 MBus module (which of course can't
	be used in dual-processor mode and will
	only function in appropriate models of
	SPARC 10s--unless you have a SPARC 10
	with no processor, you probably don't
	want this.)
4.  One SPARC 1 carcass-no NVRAM, hard disk,
	or floppy.  Pretty much has the power
	supply, motherboard, PROM, and the
	little speakery thing.  Top half of case is
	actually from a SPARC 2 and has
	some cracks which prevent it from being
	screwed down, but it's still stackable.
5.  Two floppy drive mounts (330-1242) for sun4c
	pizzabox (1/1+/2) systems--got these as
	part of a mixed-up order which was
	later made good and the seller didn't
	want them back.

Let me know if anyone's interested in anything, or
I'll probably put the SBus/MBus stuff together as
a lot on eBay and see if the price for SM100s
goes up to $60 again due to non-clueful bidding...
but I'd rather not have anyone thinking they're
getting a dual Ross HyperSPARC...

	--Rip