[SunRescue] Power concerns.

Tim Harrison rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 15:52:03 CST 2001

Recently, we received a few bills in the mail from ConEd, which didn't
seem right.  Our first bill, with 8 machines running, came in around
$130.  The next two consecutive months came in near $190.  Now, we
didn't turn anything else on, and, in fact, turned one of the machines
off.

What's the best way to find out exactly what amount of power a machine
is drawing, and calculate ourselves exactly how much we should be paying
(give or take some with the lights and television, etc)?

We CANNOT be using more power, with less computers running, and turning
off lights constantly.  Something's fishy.  I want to find out if
someone else is drawing power from our feed (we're in a house with three
apartments).

Any info would be appreciated.

--

Tim Harrison