[SunRescue] Power concerns.

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 16:05:34 CST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 04:52:03PM -0500, Tim Harrison wrote:
> Recently, we received a few bills in the mail from ConEd, which didn't
> seem right.  Our first bill, with 8 machines running, came in around
> $130.  The next two consecutive months came in near $190.  Now, we
> didn't turn anything else on, and, in fact, turned one of the machines
> off.
> What's the best way to find out exactly what amount of power a machine
> is drawing, and calculate ourselves exactly how much we should be paying
> (give or take some with the lights and television, etc)?
> We CANNOT be using more power, with less computers running, and turning
> off lights constantly.  Something's fishy.  I want to find out if
> someone else is drawing power from our feed (we're in a house with three
> apartments).
> Any info would be appreciated.

Electricity rates can vary from month to month; electric rates here get
MUCH more expensive in the summer, because there's more demand and therefore,
more need to produce energy.

Compare the kilowatt-per-hour charge on one bill to the other, its probably
different.

On a similar topic - thank god natural gas prices are going back down.  My
bill went up from $35 to $100+, but now is back down in the $50 range.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net