[SunRescue] Sun Java Station

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 14:36:52 CST 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Welp, I'll cross the java-station off the list of cool toys I'd like
> someday then.  A java machine that doesn't run java well.  Whoda thought?

It really is only a Java machine in that is what it is named.  They
really have more in common with the Sparc 4.  I think the problems were
that they tended to lag behind the java spec (They'd have just gotten
a version of the software supporting Java 1.1 and Java 1.2 comes out)
and they licensed some ludicrous java X software that was TERRIBLE.
If you find comments about the people who used these things, they
HATED them.  The ones who ended up liking them are the ones who boot
linux on them now.

--Kurt