[SunRescue] OT: PROM burners

Sam Creasey rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 13:28:32 CST 2001

So, I've finally decided that I require my own PROM burner, which I'd like
to order fairly soon....

Wondering what makes/models you guys have used/like, and what sort of
price ranges...  I'm looking, preferably, for something which can be
driven from a serial port in *nix, though I'd settle for needing a PeeCee
with parallel port as the host interface, just so long as I can drive it
from linux...

I'm probably going to be looking in the $200-$500 price range, unless
someone recommends something *really* spectacular which is more expensive.

(I remeber this discussion occuring somewhat recently, but I can't really
remember what the outcome was, so....)

-- Sam

Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as
kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to
repetitive music.
        -- Unknown