[SunRescue] Sun Java Station

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 15:30:24 CST 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 12:09:22PM -0500, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> > Welp, I'll cross the java-station off the list of cool toys I'd like
> > someday then.  A java machine that doesn't run java well.  Whoda thought?
>
> Does *anything* run Java *well* ? 8-)
>
> Bill (got a javastation AND a SunRay 1 now... I need to start a museum..)

A year or two ago I was doing some work on a Sparc5 @175  (fujitsu upgrade
for an IPC) and was getting good results.  Smooth motion of the figures,
responsive to mouse input.  No flicker.  That was using Java 1.1.  Never
finished the project though.  Everytime I tried to work on it, people
asked me for help with their projects.  Sigh.

--
Joshua Boyd