[SunRescue] Should an editor require you to think?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 02:15:53 CST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:07:52AM -0500, William Staniewicz wrote:
> The Plan9 OS includes the text processor "Troff". I have just begun
> to experiment with it and like it quite a bit. I am not sure if there is
> a Solaris version of it but if there is, I recommend you giving it
> a try.
> 		-Bill
> 		   Amsterdam, NL

Uhm, thats a "port" of a long-available UNIX text processor. 8-)

>From "man troff":

User Commands                                            troff(1)

NAME
     troff - typeset or format documents

SYNOPSIS
     troff [ -a ]  [ -f ]  [ -Fdir ]  [ -i ]  [ -mname ]  [ -nN ]
     [  -olist  ]  [ -raN ]  [ -sN ]  [ -Tdest ]  [ -uN ]  [ -z ]
     [ filename ... ]

DESCRIPTION
     troff formats text in the filenames for typesetting or laser
     printing.  Input  to  troff  is  expected to consist of text
     interspersed with formatting  requests  and  macros.  If  no
     filename  argument is present, troff reads standard input. A
     minus sign (-) as a filename indicates that  standard  input
     should be read at that point in the list of input files.

     The output of troff is usually  piped  through  dpost(1)  to
     create a printable postscript file (see EXAMPLES).

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
Austin, TX