[SunRescue] Usenet: SUN 330 Free to good home

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 22:19:13 CST 2001

     It is known as the Trenton Computerfest and will be
held on May 5-6 in Edison, NJ at the Raritan Exposition
Center (I think that's the name).  $10 for both days.
I've going since the first one and it has grown so large
that it outgrew several sites.  I've seen things like
Sun color monitors (21 inch) for $50, IPX bare-bones for
$10 (pallets full), and AS400 for $35 each (OK, beat to
hell but the first 20 sold get a "complete" set of
manuals).  The outdoor flea market is where the "good"
stuff is.  Inside is generally PC stuff (usually never
go inside).  I picked up my 20 (64 m, 2.1 gig HD, SM51)
last year for $500 and the seller demonstrated that it
worked. Found a Solaris 6 CD in the drive when I got it
home. He also sold the same processor for $50 each.  Had
some 10s and other Sun stuff.  Surprised he is not
lurking around here somewhere.  My advice...bring money,
a hand truck, a large pickup, comfortable shoes and sun
tan lotion.  You never know what you'll find there.
It's the only local show that I know of that carries
stuff other than Wintel.
     If you need directions, let me know.  BTW, there
are talks/seminars but rarely UNIX type stuff (hint,
hint).
     BTW, I'm not associated with the clubs that run
this, nor do I have any vested interest in this event.
I'm just tired of going to shows that don't even have a
freaking Mac!