[SunRescue] I got my U60, highly recommend this seller

Christopher Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 8 03:56:48 CST 2001

I agree, I got a great deal on a great computer and monitor.

Now there's only one problem. The Elite doesnt support the 16x10 aspect
ratio resolutions for the 24" monitor I bought with the box, so I'll
probably swap boards with my U10 (Creator 3D-S3). I'm also dropping a 36 gig
ultra drive in there, and upgrading it to 512 megs RAM, so it should end up
an interesting box. I'm also thinking of picking up another C3d and using
the multi head capabilits of both boxes (I have four monitors on my desk
connected to seven video cards through two switches)

Speaking of upgrades, has anyone seen a Solaris driver/utility for the scsi
internal zip drives? I picked one up for $29 to stick in my wifes PC, and I
was just wondering if it would work in a sun box. I can get BSD, Mac, and
Linux drivers, it would be nice if the Sun worked with it too.

Chris Byrne