[SunRescue] SS2 memory

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 7 06:58:06 CST 2001

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

My SS2 does an excellent job, but could do with more RAM.  It's already
got 64Mb, but I see in the faq that it can take a 32Mb card and that
can take another daughter card, for a total of 128Mb, which would be much
more comfortable.

The FAQ says that the "card blocks SBus slot" - does that mean that it
blocks a single slot, or that it blocks all of them?  Hopefully the
former, as I want to keep my framebuffer (which I assume is taking up
an sbus slot, I wasn't paying attention to that last time I opened it
up!).

Another wrinkle is that I'm running Linux on this box, so need the
expansion boards to be supported.  Anyone know whether they are?

And, of course, anyone got any boards available?  Or know a part number?

--=20
David Cantrell | root at alphacomplex.org | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

   Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy--