[SunRescue] Other boards to fill out Sun 4/330 machine?

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Mar 6 13:03:52 CST 2001

OK, now that I have the beastie in hand.  What additional boards might
be of any utility in the 4/330 machine?  It looks like it has one spare
full vme slot, plus the two small vme slots.  Since everything except
extra ram is on the cpu board, it really does not need anything but
maybe a ram board.  But, I thought I would check to see if there were
other boards that might be of any practical use.

What extra ram boards would be best to use?

What other boards might be useful?

Is there a second scsi controller vme board that might work for
an extra set of external scsi devices (more HD's, tape, whatever)?
I have a 9 track scsi reel deck that might be fun to run on it.

Are there any field maintenance sheets available online for this
cpu?

What about a cpu manual for a 501-1316 4/330 board?  Anyone got
a copy or even a copy of a copy I could get?

I have SunOS 4.1, 4.1.3, and Solaris 2.4, in my sunbits collection.
Are any of these good/better/best on the 4/330 hardware?  I thought
I would run up one of these before committing to NetBSD or OpenBSD,
to see how it compares to the 4/260 crate.

Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Bob