[rescue] my NPR interview is up!

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 23:53:02 CDT 2001

[ On Monday, July 30, 2001 at 23:41:21 (-0400), Brian Hechinger wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] my NPR interview is up!
>
> yeah. RealPlayer doesn't work on solaris/sparc yet.  although a friend of mine
> works for them, and has an ultra being delivered to his house this week and
> promises to work on it (they are encouraged to do ports in their free time)

Oh, Cool!

I've had some e-mail conversations with an engineer @real.com who
suggested that they might eventually support NAS, though I'd be happy if
they'd simply spit any *standard* non-proprietary format out to stdout
(as mpg123 can).

The current RM players are totally and forever useless for me, and thus
any content in their proprietary format is also beyond my reach.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>