[rescue] my NPR interview is up!

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 31 00:02:51 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 09:53:15PM -0600, james at foonly.com wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>
> Version 8 plays about 98% of the stuff I throw at it, so I can't complain
> too much.
>
> If your friend wants to help, ask him to help fix the colormap allocation
> bugs so I don't have to spoonfeed it an 8bpp pseudocolor visual.

James (and the rest of the group),

I think that there is a way around this, using VNC you could start up a
seperate X server running at only 8bpp, then connect to it via the VNC
client running on your "real" X server.

Or am I a dunce, and later versions of Sun graphics hw have builtin multiple
visual classes that you just specify via -visual 0x24 or whatnot?

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net