[rescue] Uni (Was: Beginner VAX)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 09:10:26 CDT 2001

joshua d boyd wrote:

> My state school charges upwards of $5k/year, not including books.  Now,
> $5k is hard to earn in only a summer.

Depends what you're doing. There was a time I could earn that with one
quick contract. Not anymore, sadly, since regularity of paycheck became
an important thing. It doesn't help to have major gaps between jobs when
you have a wife, kids, house, etc...

But yeah, that was a few years ago. I'm sure it's more expensive now.

>  And then, there was the highschool
> kid in the news recently who built a breeder reactor in a shed in his
> mother's back yard.  So, obviously, you get to play with them places other
> the college.

I missed that one. Can you point me to a news item somewhere? I have a
shed, Dave's got a PDP-11, what more do we need?

---sambo