[rescue] Beginner VAX

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 08:44:44 CDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 06:59:26AM -0400, sambo at charm.net wrote:
> Oh, I don't know that I agree with that. I went to a state school that
> charged all of $480 a quarter. Even a 19-yr old working part-time could
> afford $2k/yr. And I think I actually *did* learn something. Where else
> would I have gotten to play with my very own live nuclear reactor? I
> worked in the Plasma Physics lab, which by itself paid for tuition,
> books, and a room off-campus. They had a great mealcard system where you
> pay $100 and get $120 credit on your card. All in all, a pretty good
> year and a half.

My state school charges upwards of $5k/year, not including books.  Now,
$5k is hard to earn in only a summer.  And then, there was the highschool
kid in the news recently who built a breeder reactor in a shed in his
mother's back yard.  So, obviously, you get to play with them places other
the college.

--
Joshua D. Boyd