[rescue] Beginner VAX

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 00:32:56 CDT 2001

On July 27, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> > in the years since then while using Solaris.  I even created USAO's
> > first web server as a Summer 1995 Independent Study project, and got
> > five hours credit for it.  I also setup the first instances of
>
> Think about this:  you do useful work, then the U. charges you 5 credit
> hours * (rate for for 1 credit) = big bucks.
>
> How fair is that?

  Patrick, man, don't knock 'em...American colleges are highly
profitable businesses!  They've got it down to an art form...convince
the general population that human beings are incapable of learning
outside of a school environment, then charge megabucks for said
environment...and for people who can't seem to "get the fuck out" when
it's time, the school has endless cheap (and by that time, skilled)
labor, and some of the brainwashed idiots actually feel like they're
doing something noble by shedding blood, sweat, and tears "FOR MY
SCHOOL!",

  We're in the wrong business.  Colleges are the way to go.  I think I'm
gonna start one next week.

     -Dave McGuire