[rescue] Beginner VAX

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 08:42:32 CDT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 01:32:56AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Patrick, man, don't knock 'em...American colleges are highly
> profitable businesses!  They've got it down to an art form...convince
> the general population that human beings are incapable of learning
> outside of a school environment, then charge megabucks for said
> environment...and for people who can't seem to "get the fuck out" when
> it's time, the school has endless cheap (and by that time, skilled)
> labor, and some of the brainwashed idiots actually feel like they're
> doing something noble by shedding blood, sweat, and tears "FOR MY
> SCHOOL!",

For a historical view on how things got that way, read this:
http://www.choiceineducation.co.uk/gatto/gatto5.html

I've long had an interest in education (theory, history,
whatever).  Personally, when I have kids, they are getting a proper
classical education.  Yes, thats right, they are staying at home.

--
Joshua D. Boyd