[rescue] Sun SS5 question

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 14:48:08 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 03:40:12PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> here are a couple short steps to solving all of your problems.
>
> 1) get ISC's DHCP
>
> 2) install ISC's DHCP
>
> 3) be happy
>
> i've had far less trouble getting stuff to Just Work(tm) after getting ISC's
> DHCP installed.  netboot all my SPARC, DECstation and VAX machine to install
> NetBSD on them without any problems.

Yeah, you mentioned that before, I have I noted to install it
sometime.  But, does it help with machines that only boot off of rarpd?  I
thought ISC's DHCP was for once I got rarpd working and PRELL working (a
program that is used to boot the Javastation.  It gets loaded by rarpd and
tftp, and then can load operating systems over DHCP/whatever, but has
numerous diagnostic tools).  If ISC's DHCP will help with the rapr
problems, I'll do it right away (well, as soon as I can, might be this
evening).

--
Joshua D. Boyd