[rescue] Sun SS5 question

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 24 14:40:12 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 03:37:54PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

> ard complains about a missing rarp.  Reading faq says to enable the rarp
> kernel option.  That option went away after kernel 2.2 because rarp was
> taken out of the kernel and made a user land proggy.  I found the userland
> proggy, but it requires support libraries.  I don't have my notes handy,
> but it is one of the needed support libraries that is screqing me
> up.  Libbdf maybe?
>
> The is a Linux 2.4.? kernel on a redhat 6.0 box.

here are a couple short steps to solving all of your problems.

1) get ISC's DHCP

2) install ISC's DHCP

3) be happy

i've had far less trouble getting stuff to Just Work(tm) after getting ISC's
DHCP installed.  netboot all my SPARC, DECstation and VAX machine to install
NetBSD on them without any problems.

-brian