[Re: [[rescue] flamewar question: Perl]]

Amy rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 20:49:53 CDT 2001

On 23 Jul 2001, Michael Hansen wrote:

> >  Umm, excuse me.  Do you have any idea how computers, umm,
> >WORK?
>
> Umm, no, not really.  I keep trying to learn these things, but
> I don't think I'm anywhere near smart enough to understand how
> a computer works.
>
> >I'm unsubscribing.
>
> >   -Dave McGuire
>
> ARRRRGGGHHH!!!! I feel really bad. Dave was an asset to this
> group, and I am mostly a PITA, I suspect. If anyone can get through
> to Dave, let him know I'm unsubscribing. I hope he will come back.
> I will try very hard to get a clue before I even think about returning.
>
> I'll still send you the blue LED Bill, but I need a mailing
> address.

wait one damn minute.

first off, i think its a damn shame that something as ignorant as a simple
inquiry or opinion about a bunch of code has caused two people to
unsubscribe, one of them needlessly so. now dave's welcome to blow his top
over someone's opinion as he likes. it just makes him look like a child
(sorry, it does). but i see absolutely no reason why someone who just
happens to hold a different opinion is more or less guilted into
unsubscribing.

that's bullshit, pure and simple.

please people, come to your senses. its just a goddamned programming
language.

--a