[Re: [[rescue] flamewar question: Perl]]

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 21:24:52 CDT 2001

I think Dave M. is just swamped, and while in the midst of trying to dig out
of the mess, he realized he was spending time reading zillions of emails on
topics he held little interest in....

I fully suspect that once his life gets back to "normal" (relative term),
he'll be back...

I suspect *no one* has heard anything from him since he unsubscribed - a sign
that it was not a single thing that upset him, but an indication that he is
simply overwhelmed at the moment.

I honestly think he just doesn't have the spare cycles for the list these
days...

And Michael, you just happened to be in front of Dave when it all hit - I am
sure it is nothing you personally did to set him off...

Personally, I blame Bill for his "I don't think we have had enough email on
the list lately, so let's start a flame war on the pros and cons of various
languages!" post (sorry Bill, when you *asked* for that thread to occur, I
think it set him off - you know, last-straw kind of set him off thing...)

Mike N. - could you chime in on what is going on at the other end of The
Conduit???

Ken