[rescue] Q: Regarding 411 boxes (tape drive/Open Front)

James Fogg rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 14:17:45 CDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, THOU SPAKE:
> > Ken
> > (PS - Best Buy is having a sale on Philips CD-RW drives, IDE - useful
>
> I can say from personal experience that Philips' CDRW drives _SUCK_!

YUP! As admitted by Phillips themselves!
I consulted with Phillips in Lancaster Pennsylvania (where they make their
security and video products). The whole time I was there I saw only one
phillips CDRW. I asked about it and I was told (in unison) that they won't
order Phillips CDRW cause they bite sausage. They said I could take the one I
was looking at home for free, but cautioned that I would spend more on blown
media than I would on a new drive.

	 James D. Fogg, Network Engineer
	Vicinity Corporation - Lebanon, NH

     DESK (603) 442-1751 - CELL (603) 252-1864
     PAGER (802) 742-0280 - HOME (603) 526-7729
            EMAIL jfogg at vicinity.com

If you can read this e-mail, Thank a Network Engineer!