[[rescue] flamewar question: Perl]

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 00:26:41 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 01:22:21AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> How much do you use your own structs?  I think effective useage of structs
> helps the transition.  But, these are just the theories of an undergrad CS
> major.  Someday maybe I will be able to prove or disprove them.  I don't
> want to stay in acadamia forever, but I could see returning to become a
> professor after spending a good long time in industry.

Speaking from experience, I've used maybe 1% of what I learned in
college in my career in the IT industry (admittedly, I'm *not* a
programmer, but I am a sysadmin who programs when necessary).

And of that 1%, 95% of that was learning how to write effective
documentation and proper written communication.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net