[[rescue] flamewar question: Perl]

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 00:22:21 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 12:08:30AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 01:08:09AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > Now, you have the procedural equiv. of class myclass { int five() return
> > 5;};
>
> Coming from *years* of hardcore BASIC / pascal, and a few years limited
> C experience, classes and OO programming still baffles me.

How much do you use your own structs?  I think effective useage of structs
helps the transition.  But, these are just the theories of an undergrad CS
major.  Someday maybe I will be able to prove or disprove them.  I don't
want to stay in acadamia forever, but I could see returning to become a
professor after spending a good long time in industry.

--
Joshua D. Boyd