[[rescue] flamewar question: Perl]

Tugrul Galatali rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 22 14:41:34 CDT 2001

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Kevin Loch wrote:

> >         And Perl doesn't have to be 10 lines of magic at a time. I like taking
> > the perspective that its C minus lots of memory management clutter.
>
> Very few C programs have "lots of memory management clutter".  Perhaps
> you mean "minus having to be careful about pointers and array sizes"?

	Yeah, but its clutter for the simple fact that it has little to do
with the end result. Most applications don't really need it.

	When you are sorting a pile of papers are you terribly preoccupied with
the physics of shuffling them around? When was the last time you remember
allocating memory to associate the face of someone you met to their name?

	Perl nails these smaller things :)

	Tugrul Galatali