[rescue] recommended: Final Fantasy movie

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 14 22:21:31 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 02:12:24PM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

> I haven't played 9 yet.  I'm still on 8, not yet halfway through it.  I
> had been over halfway through not long after it came out, but then my

i've got to finish 8 and then get 9.  i made the mistake of beating 7 and then
going right into 8.  Final Fantasy overload.  i hope i still have my save games
on a memory card somwhere.  i should go check.  i was about half way through
8 when i stopped.  i'm at a lull, i either just started the 3rd disk, or am
still on the end of the second disk, but i've been concentrating on cranking up
my characters strengths.  my brother got to about the middle of the 4th disk
and he was simply not strong enough to cope.  so that stopped me from making
progress in the game and started my on pumping my characters.  i'm sure that
didn't help the burnout though either.

> computer zapped the save files.  I've since bought the PS version and

i don't bother even playing games like this on the PC.  they don't benefit
too much from the increased power and resolution, and are prone to problems
like you have mentioned.  plus, my living room is far more comfortable than
where i have my computers, especially for long playing sessions. :)

> started over, but I don't have enough time to play a game that requires I
> play for over an hour or two at a time because of lack of save points.  7

yeah, that sorta annoys me.  although i've found that the best way to do it is
to only go out and whack on monsters for exp when you know you won't have a lot
of time to play since you can save anywhere out in the "field" there, but you
have to make sure you've got the time to dedicate if you want to jump into some
of the "quest" portions.

> was good though, and I hear that 9 is better than any of the other recent
> ones.

yeah, i'd really like to beat 8, and play 9.  every FF fan i've ever talked to
has raved about it.  i've been playing FF since number 1 on the nintendo, so i
guess i could be considered a fan. :)

also, i'll have to see about maybe stopping by sometime, i'm taking a huge trip
this weekend and may be able to put you in the loop.  i'll drop by with my PS
memory card and i'll let you copy my save games if you'd like, unless you are
farther than me. :)

-brian

ps: i've been looking at the FFX screenshots, and is it just me, or do Tidus
and Yuna look an awful lot like Squall and Rinoa?  ok, the squall/tidus thing
might be a bit of a stretch, but the rinoa/yuna thing is a little too close yes?