[rescue] recommended: Final Fantasy movie

joshua d boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 15 00:13:25 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 11:21:31PM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > computer zapped the save files.  I've since bought the PS version and
>
> i don't bother even playing games like this on the PC.  they don't benefit
> too much from the increased power and resolution, and are prone to problems
> like you have mentioned.  plus, my living room is far more comfortable than
> where i have my computers, especially for long playing sessions. :)

I didn't own a Playstation at the time I bought 8 for the PC.  I waited
till the week the PS2 came out to buy my PS.  At that point, the price had
dropped to $50 for the unit.  But, I keep my PS in my office, hooked to a
13" tv.  Better for numerous reasons, at least for me in this time and
place.  Ideally, it would be in the living room.

> yeah, that sorta annoys me.  although i've found that the best way to do it is
> to only go out and whack on monsters for exp when you know you won't have a lot
> of time to play since you can save anywhere out in the "field" there, but you
> have to make sure you've got the time to dedicate if you want to jump into some
> of the "quest" portions.

I'll have to remeber that.

> yeah, i'd really like to beat 8, and play 9.  every FF fan i've ever talked to
> has raved about it.  i've been playing FF since number 1 on the nintendo, so i
> guess i could be considered a fan. :)

So, I know they re-released 4, 5, and 6 for the PS.  What do you think the
chaneces of getting 1, 2, and 3 for the PS are?

> also, i'll have to see about maybe stopping by sometime, i'm taking a huge trip
> this weekend and may be able to put you in the loop.  i'll drop by with my PS
> memory card and i'll let you copy my save games if you'd like, unless you are
> farther than me. :)

Sure, just let me know when, and if I'll be around, I'll give you
directions.

> ps: i've been looking at the FFX screenshots, and is it just me, or do Tidus
> and Yuna look an awful lot like Squall and Rinoa?  ok, the squall/tidus thing
> might be a bit of a stretch, but the rinoa/yuna thing is a little too close yes?

Haven't looked at the shots yet.  Have to go web scrape for them now.

--
Joshua D. Boyd