[rescue] Can't clear ESP interrups: Check SCSI Term, Power Fuse ??

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 9 17:41:14 CDT 2001

On Mon, 09 Jul 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Monday, July 9, 2001 at 10:56:18 (-0400), Rebecca Ore wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: [rescue] Can't clear ESP interrups: Check SCSI Term, Power Fuse  ??
> >
> > I assume we've got the fuse blow-out condition.  Would a forced
> > perfect termination terminator be the thing to try next?
>
> If there's no light then the fuse is certainly open.

I did a search on HVD -- that wasn't an issue with this machine and
drive.  So open fuse.

> The next thing to try would be to enable termination power (but not
> termination) on the drive in the external case.  That should bring the
> light back on and it may even make it work on the SS5....

I'm working overnight tonight and then going on vacation.  The machine
will be in colo tonight.  If the problem gets fixed tonight, then I'll
make some additional cycbuffs.  If not, I'll just have short
retention until sometime after July 20th.

I'm not charging for accounts.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net