[rescue] Vax question

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 17:29:53 CDT 2001

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > Does this mean that someone fubared the machine and that I should keep my
> > eyes on the dumpster for another free computer to show up there soon?
>
> if it's a toasted drive, then mostly likely yes, unless they have a dieing need
> to keep it around, chances are it uses DSSI disks which aren't exactly common
> anymore.

They have a monstrous digitizer hooked up to it, but a week or two, I
heard something about perhaps getting the digitizer moved to a PC.  I've
also been hearing some noise about the machine having problems.

BTW, on these things, are DSSI disks mandatory?  I mean, the thing clearly
has SCSI devices hanging off of it.

I'll have to mention see what happens to hardware like that to my
supervisor tomorrow.  It's a bit big for me to stash at home long term
though (It's smaller than a challenge, crimson, or onyx, but then, I'm
having a hard time finding room for the gear I already have.)

--
Joshua Boyd