[rescue] Vax question

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 2 17:36:24 CDT 2001

On July 2, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> I'll have to mention see what happens to hardware like that to my
> supervisor tomorrow.  It's a bit big for me to stash at home long term
> though (It's smaller than a challenge, crimson, or onyx, but then, I'm
> having a hard time finding room for the gear I already have.)

  A 4000/300 is quite a nice little machine.  It would make a nice
NetBSD or VMS hack machine.  Very quiet, pulls little power (in spite
of its need for a high-current IEC connector on its power cable) and
is a decent performer for general hacking.

  Do grab it if you can...if there's anything wrong with it, bring it
down here and we'll get it working.  You'll definitely be happy with
that machine.

          -Dave McGuire