[SunRescue] [OT] Dealing with the BSA?

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 19 12:50:06 CST 2001

SPA, BSA, NSA - all organizations cut from the same cloth. :-(

IIRC the SPA and the BSA have a close working relationship.
Kind of like symbiotic parasites. *grin*

Regardless I'm going to run GASP this evening on each machine and then
GaspReport with the router unplugged just in case.

I suspect I'll probably find a couple of questionable issues but none
overwhelming.  (I think I'm short a copy of Office 97, a couple of copies of
PowerTerm, etc.)

On my machine I intend to uninstall Office entirely except for the Bloatlook
2000 client which is licensed by our Corporate office for company e-mail.  I
wonder if they'll groan if they see StarOffice 5.2 on my systems?

Here's another thought - I wonder if they're going to give me a hassle over
software licensed through our Corporate office?  I suppose I could have
Corporate send us the appropriate CALs from their installation but they may
not want to do that.

This whole thing is a PIA!  (Pain In the Asterix)

Mike Hebel