[SunRescue] [OT] Dealing with the BSA?

Dan Lane rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 19 15:20:35 CST 2001

Mike Hebel sent the following on Mon, 19 Feb 2001...

> Regardless I'm going to run GASP this evening on each machine and then
> GaspReport with the router unplugged just in case.

I can't believe I ran that on my network... *shudder*

> I suspect I'll probably find a couple of questionable issues but none
> overwhelming.  (I think I'm short a copy of Office 97, a couple of copies of
> PowerTerm, etc.)

Ahh jail sentence for you sonny jim!

> On my machine I intend to uninstall Office entirely except for the Bloatlook
> 2000 client which is licensed by our Corporate office for company e-mail.  I
> wonder if they'll groan if they see StarOffice 5.2 on my systems?

I doubt they would know what Star office is... AFAIK Sun aren't one of the
companies that pays their wages.

> Here's another thought - I wonder if they're going to give me a hassle over
> software licensed through our Corporate office?  I suppose I could have
> Corporate send us the appropriate CALs from their installation but they may
> not want to do that.

I wouldn't confuse them... confusing them is bad... so speak s-l-o-w-l-y
:P

> This whole thing is a PIA!  (Pain In the Asterix)

Quite!