[SunRescue] The Question.

John Duksta rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Feb 9 07:16:16 CST 2001

At 12:05 PM 2/9/2001 +0000, Dan Lane wrote:

>Umm does anyone have any suggestions of how to write a resignation letter?

Dan,

Mine usually follow this format:

<Resignation Letter Template>
[Boss's Name],

I regret to inform you that I will be terminating my employment
with [Company Name] effective [today's date + 14 days]. While I
have enjoyed my time here at [Company Name], I have decided to
pursue a new position at [New Company Name].

I wish you all the best of luck in the future.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

cc: [HR Person]
</Resignation Letter Template>

I usually keep it short like that. Tbe bit about where you're
going is optional.

-john

--
John C.C. Duksta, CISSP                      <jduksta at genuity.com>
PGP Fingerprint: 2037 FB34 8D4A 22D7 3EB3 EEF9 3ABA 997E F964 0EAF