[rescue] We are stumped... (SSH between Powerbook & Solaris box)

Derrick D. Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 16:26:29 CST 2001

It's rumored that around Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 07:39:13AM -0500
Ken Hansen <n2vip at yahoo.com> wrote:
> There are two locations involved, and two machines (on my end):
>
> Office (T1, some Cisco goodness between me and the Internet):

[snip]

> What kills me is that it *sometimes* works, like it is mocking me... ;^)

sounds like connection, not an application issue.  look at your
interface stats..netstat -i or -e or ifconfig, netstat -k etc..all
depends on the OS.  could be a buggy link on that laptop..introductin
too many errors and so it can't negotiate.

> I guess the next useful step would be to compare ssh_config files on
> basenji.com and my PowerBook...
>
> Powerbook ssh_config:

fwiw.....
we'd want the sshd_config for the server side..the client rules on it
mean nada in this case.

I haven't been keeping up with the list..but the -v output you gave of
it timing out looks like a network level issue, NOT an ssh issue.  on
your powerboox run tcupdump -vv -s 65536 -w ~/bad_ssh_dump dst port 22

then attempt the connects. send me the output, not the whole list, and
I'll let ya know.

^D