[rescue] We are stumped... (SSH between Powerbook & Solaris box)

Derrick D. Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 16:41:02 CST 2001

It's rumored that around Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 04:26:29PM -0600
"Derrick D. Daugherty" <derrick at blinky-lights.org> wrote:
> > I guess the next useful step would be to compare ssh_config files on
> > basenji.com and my PowerBook...
> >
> > Powerbook ssh_config:
>
> fwiw.....
> we'd want the sshd_config for the server side..the client rules on it
> mean nada in this case.

BTW

oh yeah, and you can run the daemon in debug mode with varying levels of
debug output (of course).  ask your sysadm to do that..they can do it on
a diff port so they don't interfere with the regular lusers.  I assume
they know all of this though.  In my feeling, if they don't they
shouldn't have a publicly reachable box, but I'm a sysadm nazi.

/usr/[local/]sbin/sshd -p 666 -ddd

this won't fork or go to the bg. you'll see all of the session info.

BTW2, this seems _severely_ off topic to me.....unless jr level
connectivity issues are part of the list charter?  Don't get me wrong,
I'm all for helping people, but damn, this thread is _huge_ and it
really is lacking any real substance.  surprisingly enough, they have
email lists for this sorts stuff _specifically_.   oh yeah, i dunno if
#unixhelp or #solarishelp still exist..but #linuxhelp should and they'll
tackle this sorta stuff (efnet).

[SEVERLY OFF TOPIC]  least-in-touch-with-reality email of the month:

this morning I get a mail from an old boss wanting to move 7tb of data
from one solution, to another that does not exist yet..and have it
online, by 12/31/01.  I can still smell the coffee in my nose that
spewed out.  sure, we can find that much more storage, have it onsite,
setup on the san, and i can then just magically copy it all over.  he'll
be lucky to get a fresh snap to tape.  bleh.