[rescue] We are stumped... (SSH between Powerbook & Solarisbox)

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 14:35:15 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:16:12PM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Amy, I'm not insulted by a reference to a book, but the books you choose
> to cite are geared towards folks new to *nix. While to you, your
> suggestion to "read a *nix for dummies book" is the same as "go get the
> O'Reilly book on SSH and look in there, it is covered in chapters 4-6",
> it does not read the same on this end.
> I am not alone on this view/interpretation.

You've obviously never read "UNIX for Dummies".  See my earlier message;
its not a "for idiots"-type book at all.  As it does have some introductory
material, the rest can be a good reference.

I own a copy.  Probably more than one, if I clean out the garage.

You gonna insinuate that I'm new to *nix?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net