[rescue] We are stumped... (SSH between Powerbook & Solarisbox)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 14:16:12 CST 2001

On Thursday, December 27, 2001, at 03:00 PM, Amy wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Steve Sandau wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I found the comment a little insulting, too. While I wouldn't
>> describe myself as exactly *learned* by comparison here, I was putting
>> some serious thought into it. If it were indeed as easy as reading the
>> right book, that would have already been done.
>
> i'm not so sure of that. from what i'm seeing, ken is too good to read a
> book. he is simply insulted by the suggestion that he could sit down and
> read a book which contains information on a safety protocol.

Amy, I'm not insulted by a reference to a book, but the books you choose
to cite are geared towards folks new to *nix. While to you, your
suggestion to "read a *nix for dummies book" is the same as "go get the
O'Reilly book on SSH and look in there, it is covered in chapters 4-6",
it does not read the same on this end.

I am not alone on this view/interpretation.

Ken

n2vip at yahoo.com
n2vip at mac.com
Looking for something, try browsing