[rescue] We are stumped... (SSH between Powerbook & Solaris box)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 14:08:55 CST 2001

Amy,

My question was *why* is this not working, not *how* to use ssh. I have
successfully used ssh on several platforms, and have only had problems
between these two clients. Solaris and OS X are popular OSs on this
list, and more than one person on this list has ssh'ed into Solaris
boxes from OS X clients.

While you may not have meant it that way, your original posts came
across as arrogant and dismissive. I have emails from others agreeing
with that read, it was not just me. I am not saying you meant it that
way, but that is how it came across.

Ken

On Thursday, December 27, 2001, at 02:51 PM, Amy wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:
>
>>> i suggest you go pick up a copy of "unix for dummies" or the generic
>>> nix
>>> manual book from o'reilly and have some quality time in the bathroom
>>> this
>>> weekend.
>>
>> What? Are you serious?
>
> yes. why? they're both good, informative books.

Ken

n2vip at yahoo.com
n2vip at mac.com
Looking for something, try browsing