[rescue] We are stumped... (SSH between Powerbook & Solaris box)

Amy rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 14:44:31 CST 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> My question was *why* is this not working, not *how* to use ssh. I have
> successfully used ssh on several platforms, and have only had problems
> between these two clients. Solaris and OS X are popular OSs on this
> list, and more than one person on this list has ssh'ed into Solaris
> boxes from OS X clients.

and you yourself admitted two posts ago that you werent that familiar with
the thingie (highly technical term, isnt it?). so which is it? are you
familiar with it or not? when you decide let us know.

> While you may not have meant it that way, your original posts came
> across as arrogant and dismissive. I have emails from others agreeing
> with that read, it was not just me. I am not saying you meant it that
> way, but that is how it came across.

ok, first off let's clear up a few things:

i meant it be:
a. encouraging
b. positive
c. honest
d. helpful
e. a tad impatient

i dont particularly care if anyone found it:
a. insulting
b. dismissive
c. arrogant
d. cold
e. evil
f. hateful
g. bitchy

why?

a. because for each and every email you receive telling you that i'm a
hateful, evil, clueless, cold-hearted, arrogant, power-hungry, control
freak bitch, i can probably point you to a coward that's too afraid to mail
me, privately, as well and tell me something that i already know (thats
not a type-o).

b. because for each and every mail you've received i can probably counter
the other side mail-for-mail with people agreeing that you should read a
few books instead of being insulted by the mere concept.

--a