OT Linux (RE: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?)

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 26 20:44:57 CST 2001

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 06:40:11PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Likewise, the highend Sun workstations are Enterprise servers with a few
> graphics boards thrown in (I believe they were using the 450 model for this
> purpose last I heard).

According to Sun:

Server: no graphics card.  As of late, rackmount form-factor
Workstation: Desktop formfactor, graphics card

Examples in point:

Workstation: Ultra 60
Server:  Netra T1125
(same motherboard)

Workstation: SunBlade 1000
Server: SunFire 280R
(same motherboard)

Just different (usually rack-optimized) enclosures for the "Servers".

Used to be, the *only* difference was the presence of a graphics
card/framebuffer.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford