[rescue] Sync on Green

Kenneth Caruso rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 26 14:46:58 CST 2001

Hmm, I have a 712/60 and I remeber being able to get it to work with a
generic (viewsonic or envision) 17 inch monitor. In fact in the firmware
menu you can switch reolution all the way down to 640x480 if I am not
mistaken. Cant remember though, its been a while since I have fired it up.

On that note has any tried the linux port for the hp boxes. I tried
booting the debian/puffin linux iso with an old sun cdrom drive attached
to the 712/60 however it didnt seem to like it. Then I found out that
trying to boot linux on these things with anything other than serial is
pretty much useless. Oh well hopefully the OpenBSD port will be ready
soon.

Ken Caruso
kenc at seattlewireless.net
http://ken.ipl31.net

"when in doubt tell the truth" -Mark Twain