[rescue] Sync on Green

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 26 14:12:09 CST 2001

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 01:59:30PM -0600, Randy Bowie wrote:
> I use that same monitor with a PC but I use HD15 to 5 BNC.  It seems like
> the same cable worked with my 712's as well(712's sync on green too).

Oh really!?!  I have a 712/80. People(I think Mike N was one of them) that they
have gotten these machines to work with Gateway Vivitron 1572 monitors
(generally my second or third favorite 15" monitors, after Sonys and SGI.  All
three use Sony screens AFAIK), but I haven't been able to get it to work with
mine.  Is this monitor a SOG monitor, or did people tell me wrong?

I keep being surprised by my Dell Ultrascan 17".  Actually I have two.  They
don't look a like, and one downright stinks (tops out at 1024x768, poor refresh
rate, poor color, etc).  The other one though presents a rock solid image even
at 1600x1200 (which is officially too small to work with for me on such a
monitor), and apparently it also supports SOG.  Unfortunatly, I need this
monitor for my main desktop, so I can't dedicate it to the 712.

--
Joshua D. Boyd