[rescue] Apple Stuff. . .

Steve Hatle rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 23 09:46:24 CST 2001

Gents,

1. I agree with everyone that I am envious of Ken's Ti! <grin>

2. I have an i(ce)Book, a 500 w/320 meg of memory, and it runs OSX like
a champ, is plenty quick enough for me, and chicks go for it. I coworker
has a Ti, and our shared opinion is that the speed and screen of the Ti
is great, but the size and convenience of the iBook is a very mitigating
factor. He admits for most daily tasks, the iBook would suit. However,
that screen is a killer. Plus- I get approx 30-50% better Airport range
with my iBook than he does with the Ti-cladding.  .  .

3. I can't top Pete's collection of cool hardware, but about two weeks
ago I picked up an original Mac "Portable". 16 pounds of luggable Mac
goodness! That's my entry into the "anti-Libretto" sweepstakes!

Welcome to MacLand, Ken. Fire up OSX as quick as you can. You'll see
what "desktop UNIX" should be!

Steve

P.S. and when you get tired of that Libretto, you let me know! <grin>