[rescue] Apple Stuff. . .

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 23 10:36:26 CST 2001

On Sunday, December 23, 2001, at 10:46 AM, Steve Hatle wrote:

> 2. I have an i(ce)Book, a 500 w/320 meg of memory, and it runs OSX like
> a champ, is plenty quick enough for me, and chicks go for it. I
> coworker has a Ti, and our shared opinion is that the speed and screen
> of the Ti is great, but the size and convenience of the iBook is a very
> mitigating factor. He admits for most daily tasks, the iBook would
> suit. However, that screen is a killer. Plus- I get approx 30-50%
> better Airport range with my iBook than he does with the
> Ti-cladding.  .  .

The screen, 1000BaseT networking, and the screen are the top three
reasons I chose the  Ti. but the 1000BaseT is really just for added
geek-points!

> 3. I can't top Pete's collection of cool hardware, but about two weeks
> ago I picked up an original Mac "Portable". 16 pounds of luggable Mac
> goodness! That's my entry into the "anti-Libretto" sweepstakes!

When you compare the 6" screen on the Libretto 50 with the 15.2" screen
on this "lap-full" and the differences are *profound*.

> Welcome to MacLand, Ken. Fire up OSX as quick as you can. You'll see
> what "desktop UNIX" should be!

Oh yes, I am "on the air" with OS X - very nice.

Having trouble using SSH, but that mey simply be because Pete locked his
box down due to recent alerts...

> Steve
>
> P.S. and when you get tired of that Libretto, you let me know! <grin>

I think the L50 will be going, but I have to extract whatever cruft is
still remaining on it.

I can't see shedding the L110 anytime soon ;^)

Ken