[rescue] Re: [geeks] I think I need to change my pants... ;^)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 22 23:53:48 CST 2001

On Sunday, December 23, 2001, at 12:35 AM, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Dec 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:
>
>> What is a pud? (is that some Mac-ism?)
>
> Oh, you can't be serious...

I know what it is to me, but thought you might mean something like
"PowerBook Using Dude" ;^)

>> They had DVD versions as well as combo-drive units, and I decided that
>> $3000
>> was too much for a laptop (but $2300 was OK?!) and that the really cool
>> thing for max. geek points with my friends would be the combo-drive,
>> not
>> extra (wasted) cycles in the CPU.

550 MHz, DVD, 256 Meg, 20 Gig - $1999
550 MHz, Combo, 256 Meg, 20 Gig $2299
667 MHz, DVD, 512 Meg, 30 Gig, Airport card $2799
667 MHz, DVD, 512 Meg, 30 Gig, Airport card $2999

I added the card to the $2299 system to make it a $2398 system ;^)

>> Not right now, wanted to dink with OS 9 first, I was just about to set
>> the
>> boot options and restart into OS X... I plan to run OS X as much as
>> possible
>> on it, but Citrix may require OS 9 (or a Java client - yech!)
>
> Why not XF86 on OS X?

Only Citrix can talk to Citrix servers, that is my desktop at work. If I
want to use this powerbook for work (but why?) it has to support Citrix
client access software.

XF86 on OS X is not a relevant option, sorry.

>>> Way cool, dood.  Welcome to the G4 club.  Altivec for fun and
>>> profit...
>>> :)
>>
>> No, Pete - it's 8^P
>
> HAH!  You wish you had the cool mac collection I do.  I droo^H^H^H^H
> scoff
> at your little toy box, nowhere near as rugged ay my vintage PowerBook
> 100.  Or my "Toilet seat to go."  15.2"??  Size doesn't matter! The less
> pixels the less clutter!  Hah!

Hey, I just figured out what this notebook is, it is the Anti-Libretto!

Ken